Our Contact Details
- Website: http://www.countrymanscommunity.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Registered address: Sunny Cottage, South View, Hunton, Bedale, DL8 1QH
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (e.g. your name and contact details)
- Membership information (e.g. value of shares held)
- Financial information (e.g. in order to pay invoices and member dividends)
How we get the information and why do we have it
Most personal information processed by the society is provided to the society directly. This is most commonly by:
- Application to join the society as a member
- Contact made to us by email or the society website.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- We have a legitimate interest
- We have a legal obligation
What we do with the information
We mainly use the information provided to us in order to meet our legal obligations (e.g. processing applications of membership) and to perform our function (e.g. responding to emails and website contacts).
How we store your information
Information retained and processed by us is stored securely, on specialist secure third party systems.
We will keep personal information for a maximum period of seven years, after which we will delete and/or destroy all applicable information. Please note, information relating to membership will be retained for the duration of an individual’s membership with the society.
Where there is a legal requirement for us to hold information for a period longer than seven years (e.g. membership), we will delete and/or destroy all information as soon as the legal retention period has passed.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your Right of Access: you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your Right to Rectification: you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your Right to Erasure: you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your Right to Restriction of Processing: you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your Right to Object to Processing – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your Right to Data Portability: you have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
Individuals who are members of the society hold additional rights, as outlined within our Model Rules. This includes the right to view the list of members.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us on the above contact details if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you are unhappy with how your data has been used, please contact us using the above contact details.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO can be contacted as follows:
- By Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- By Phone: 0303 123 1113